26 January 2009

Dad - 1987






I found an envelope of photos my grandmother had lent me to scan months ago - here's a detail drawing of my dad from one of them - the photo is of my mom and dad and i (at like 1?? younger?) at some bbq at tower ridge. To be mentioned: I'm not a skilled drawer but I do it occasionally for fun, so there's your explanation.

I wanted to do something to it, but instead I fucked it up. Played around with stitching a border - I successfully sewed the bottom one, but it was boring. So I got out some colored thread and had a go, but the paper was too thin, the thread and needle too thick - my patience too thin. Anyways, I fucked this one up but I like the idea - I also like the idea of framing drawing inside of sketchbooks.

No comments:

More

LINKS: Eating A Hobo - Spool Spectrum - This Moi - Wasted Youth Sound System - Weekend Party Update - Besty Q. Bramble - Todo Mundo - Rogue Femme Art - Holy Craft! Fair
Creative Commons License
This work by Rattfink Press/Ellen Arnstein is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License

Free Blog Counter