26 January 2009

Fantasy Creatures (old work)

black bear

fireowl

baby ratt

when we meet


Was looking through my chest of books today and remembered these gouache drawings - done in maybe 2006(?) - ink and gouache on notebook paper (great notebooks from Bob Slate, numbered pages!) I was never sure how I felt about these - but I couldn't stop doing them even though they took forever. I ended up using them for an edition in one of Anne Pelikan's classes that I TA'd for - the title of the 'book' was After Four Hours and Photocopies as I had spent four hours and many photocopies trying to make a xerox book to distribute to the class. With no luck or inspiration I ended up scanning the drawings, throwing them in a square in InDesign, printing them out, pasting them back to back and making some 'books' to hand out to the class the next day.

I'd like to do more work with gouache.

5 comments:

Aubrey Longley-Cook said...

These are so amazing, boo. Oh how I love gouache.

melanie aurora said...

i wish this blog was titled "rattfinkkpress" because then each word would end in double letters.


other than that, good work. A+++

Anonymous said...

omg love them ALL

betsy q. bramble said...

yup i love these. let's me, you, and marcel dzama get together and DOODLE.

Rattfink Press said...

omg if i could join any art club ever it would be the royal art lodge seriously i would do almost anything to get to have a multiple day doodle session with you and those dudes

lets go to canada and find them (except too bad they all got famous and moved to NYC)

More

LINKS: Eating A Hobo - Spool Spectrum - This Moi - Wasted Youth Sound System - Weekend Party Update - Besty Q. Bramble - Todo Mundo - Rogue Femme Art - Holy Craft! Fair
Creative Commons License
This work by Rattfink Press/Ellen Arnstein is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License

Free Blog Counter