17 November 2009

Apple Crumb...

I don't know what you'd call this. It's based on a recipe I have for a dessert called 'cherry crumb torte', but I dont think this is really a torte. Anyways, the cherry one is one of my favorite desserts to make - unbelievably easy and looks gorgeous everytime. I had a bag of some getting-old apples and some big hunkin fresh guys from the farmers market the other day all ready to be used for a pie. When I was cooking the apples though I decided it'd be delicious to try the crumb idea with apples instead of cherries. I was right - it was!

I forgot to put an egg in the crumb mix, but I think it worked out perfectly. I was really worried when I realized I had done that cause I thought it was going to fall, but it didn't! It's a little doughy in the center layer but otherwise it's delicious - the apples are AMAZING in texture and taste and the top and bottom crust are crisp and sweet. I shaved some manchego on top but could have done much much more.





1 comment:

boots said...

hey Ellen! COOL! i guess i will see you before then at this clothing swap thing- i am going to try my darndest to make it. and SHIT! we should have shared a table! - oh well, I can't wait to see your stuff too, i didn't know you were a blogtress as well, wicked cool, we need to join forces and take over the world. see you soon!

More

LINKS: Eating A Hobo - Spool Spectrum - This Moi - Wasted Youth Sound System - Weekend Party Update - Besty Q. Bramble - Todo Mundo - Rogue Femme Art - Holy Craft! Fair
Creative Commons License
This work by Rattfink Press/Ellen Arnstein is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License

Free Blog Counter