30 April 2009

New Work - Today

So, I finished classes a week and a half ago and my productivity has dropped. Blame it on the beautiful weather, blame it on the swine flu, blame it on gucci mane. Either way, I've been stuck but that doesn't mean I get to stop creating - such is the life of an 'art student'. My review board is 7 days away and while I'm happy with the amount of work I have to share, there could always be more. So, I took a trip to the art supply store hoping to find some inspiration (and see that wicked cute boy that works behind the reg...) and I did. Bought three of those awesome cradled plywood boards (artist & craftsman supply sells them for so much less than blick!), came home, got out the gouache and got to work. Hours later, this is what I made. I really like them.





A little difficult to photograph since they're quite light... and the setting sun isn't the best illuminator. Gouache on 4x4 cradled plywood boards. All of the colors were mixed from a super limited palette.


<3 Spring <3

1 comment:

melanie aurora said...

i looooove them!

More

LINKS: Eating A Hobo - Spool Spectrum - This Moi - Wasted Youth Sound System - Weekend Party Update - Besty Q. Bramble - Todo Mundo - Rogue Femme Art - Holy Craft! Fair
Creative Commons License
This work by Rattfink Press/Ellen Arnstein is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License

Free Blog Counter