30 April 2009

Review Board

The other day I laid out all of the work I'll be presenting at my review board, and I took some pictures. Most of this has been posted already but some of it hasn't. I've actually added a few things since taking these photos, and there are stacks of calligraphy and tracings/drawings that you can't see. I also got really into finding frames and framing some of my stuff this semester too. I try and go to salvation army and goodwill a few times a week to find awesome frames - and I've found some goodies! I got started on my frame kick months ago when I just happened to find the most perfect frame for a drawing my dear friend Matt McKeever (click for his myspace that features some of his work) gave me a long time ago now. Here's the frame and the drawing:



The photo doesn't quite capture how incredibly well the frame suits the charcoal drawing - thick, raw wood frame.

Anyways, here's some of the stuff I laid out.


the whole shebang


probably my favorite frame so far


a little drawing/watercolor i did the other day from a childhood photo,
and the ridiculous sequin frame that i was crazy enough to sit and glue down


i really like this calligraphy piece with wash border


calligraphy set


tracing from some old icon, gold pen on tracing paper - no flash


shiny gold with flash!
you can also see a monster i drew withinspiration
from celtic manuscripts

1 comment:

Aubrey Longley-Cook said...

Good luck with the review. Your work looks great, girl!

More

LINKS: Eating A Hobo - Spool Spectrum - This Moi - Wasted Youth Sound System - Weekend Party Update - Besty Q. Bramble - Todo Mundo - Rogue Femme Art - Holy Craft! Fair
Creative Commons License
This work by Rattfink Press/Ellen Arnstein is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License

Free Blog Counter